Make Room For Jesus
There was no room for Jesus when He was born
1. Notice how Jesus entered the world. There was no room in a “normal” dwelling place. No fanfare or great announcement (other than the angels who notified the shepherds and a bright star that guided the wise men within the next few years). The town was a no-name place. Joseph and Mary were simple people, unable to secure normal lodging. Nobody even took pity on this poor girl who was about to deliver her first child.
2. Did this ever really change for Jesus during his life on earth? Even as thousands flocked to follow him, all but a few abandoned him at his death on the cross. The crowds had no room for him when he didn’t give them what they wanted. His own disciples fled when he was arrested. His own Jewish religious leaders had him put to death. They even buried Jesus in a borrowed tomb.
3. Now consider what is happening today in our culture. How have we left “no room” for Jesus? Everyone wants to have a Christmas party but many will never consider making it a birthday party for Christ.
4. Pause to examine our own spiritual journey. How easily do we make no room for Jesus when making decisions, setting goals, completing tasks and gathering with friends and family? How many of us focus on Christ on Sunday mornings and other formal church gatherings, but rarely touch our Bibles or pray at other times? Does our lifestyle communicate to others around us we have invited Jesus into our lives? Or, is Jesus just a “add-on” who lives in a storage area like our plastic Jesus from the yard manger?
Let us all make room for Jesus this year!
1. For some here today, you need to invite Jesus into your life for the first time.
Agree with God that you have not made room for Jesus and that you know this behavior has offended Him.
Tell God that you are convinced Jesus is the one and only Savior who died for you and was raised again.
Ask God to forgive you of all your sins and that you now give the control of your life to Christ.
2. Make room for Jesus publicly!
Openly declare your faith in Jesus Christ today. We would enjoy helping you declare your faith through baptism as soon as possible.
Make room for Jesus to lead your thoughts, your decisions and your personal relationships. Choose to worship Jesus all the time, not just when you are gathered with other believers!
Make room for Jesus!
B: Bible book
2900 North Anthony Blvd.
Fort Wayne, Indiana 46805
(260) 471-4704 www.StJoeCommunityChurch.org
Sunday Worship: 8:30 AM & 10:30 AM (Live cast at 10:30 am)
Sunday Kids Connection Classes (infants-5th grade): 10:30 AM
Wednesday Prayer & Bible Study: 6:30 PM